The Great Plotnik

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mr. Big Stuff (Mouth) - Who Do You Think You Are?


Have you ever had something slip out of your mouth unexpectedly? And then, there it is, out there, and you can't do anything to get it back? (Yes, The Great Plotnik has been guilty of such an outburst, recently in fact, OK, last night.)

All you can ever do is apologize to those concerned and assure them it won't happen again. Sigh.

In TGP's case, he knows exactly why it happened, but is mystified as to why his reaction was so over-the-top, so out of balance and so out of character and, most of all, why it was directed at the wrong person.

Enough. Like NotThat says, that's all, move along. But do it with Jean Knight in your ears:

(Oh yeah, ooh)
Mr. Big Stuff
Who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
You're never gonna get my love

Now because you wear all those fancy clothes (oh yeah)
And have a big fine car, oh yes you do now
Do you think I can afford to give you my love (oh yeah)
You think you're higher than every star above

Mr. Big Stuff
Who do you think you are
Mr. Big Stuff
You're never gonna get my love

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice graphic (and I'm not being sarcastic). (Well, not much.) Did you create this or Google it?

Everyone should get a mulligan once a day or so and be able to rewind a few seconds and take something back that pops out of their mouths. It amazes me what some obscure part of my brain thinks are perfectly rational things to say, and that this part of my brain can get the jump on the rest of the brain and get the mouth moving before anything can be done to stop it.

It's like having a secret inner politician.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to get back an email or two that I accidentally sent to the wrong person -- can we make that happen too?

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Uh-oh. Did it involve anyone I know? Gimme the dirt.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blogmaid - too late. And too bad I didn't have a blog back then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home