The Great Plotnik

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election Day

"Que será será
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que será será
What will be, will be."

But I'm nervous.

We sat around the table at Monty's Steak House in 1960 when John Kennedy was running against Richard Nixon. We had just met The Chief - he wasn't even in the family yet. He bought us dinner and we all talked about the election, and when we went home and went to bed, Nixon was winning. But Mayor Daley mobilized all the dead Democrats to vote in Chicago and JFK pulled it out.

Hope someone can help us the same way tonight. Chiefie, we're thinking about you.


1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger The Fevered Brain said...

You're not the only one who's nervous. If the Dread Rom wins, I have to listen to the exultant celebrations of the wing nut in my house. If Obama wins, he has to listen to me AND I have to listen to the kvetching of his wing nut radio pals. But I'm willing. Oy, what a life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home