The Great Plotnik

Thursday, February 06, 2014

OUCH

I guess if you've made it to TGP's age without ever having had a backache, you're one lucky guy. That said, yesterday Plottie bent to get some lettuce from the crisper, and...whammm...that shouldn't hurt like that, should it? Why don't I just stand up now? Wooooooo. Man. Are you kidding?

Plot figures this is minor, but if this is minor, major must be completely debilitating. The internet says ice: ice is helping. Got what Kaiser calls a prompt return call, that is eight hours later, and Dr. I Dunno Wadda YOU Think says 'how 'bout ice?'

Short airplane rides tomorrow and back home Sunday but then long ones next week. The internet says it takes weeks to heal, but we're hoping that's for a really bad one.  Meanwhile, The Duck had the foresight to purchase Whine Protection so Plotnik is unable to cry about it.

What do people with chroically bad backs do?

5 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Brother Two Names said...

I've had a bad back since high school. Try icy hot back patches and ibuprofen. I also find laying on my stomach helps.

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous jj-aka-ppp said...

Depends on where in your back...
ice/ibuprofin for sure.
more with answer as to location....

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Prior to me becoming a World Class Athlete, I used to get back issues all the time. Rest and time were the only reliable fixes. (And you know it is really bad pain when it makes you pass out. I woke up on the kitchen floor, horrified that my daughter would walk in on me. I struggled to bed, then to the ER where they gave me Vicodin and said to rest.) Now days the pains come rarely and pass quicker.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger J and J said...

Ibuprofen, and yoga stretches.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous HankyGirl said...

I once bent over to pick up a piece of lint—couldn't straighten up again for the rest of the three-day (of course) weekend. Watching Dick Van Dyke walk around all humped over is verrrry funny; when it happens to oneself, however, not so much. Turned out to be a torn muscle, and, once it healed, my fine back doctor prescribed push-ups to strengthen those muscles. I prescribed never picking up lint again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home