The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Conversation

THE THING IS SHE'S STILL HERE

"Hi, Mom."

"Hi, Honey."

"How are you, Mom?"

"I'm fine."

"What did you do today?" 

"Nothing." 

"We just got back from Colorado."

"Uh huh." 

"I spoke to Danny awhile ago."

"Uh huh."

"He moved to a new apartment."

(silence)

"I said, Danny moved to a new apartment."

"Uh huh."

"Mom?"

(silence)

"Mom, are you there?"

(Helper, Anna, comes on the line): "Hi, Doug. Your mommy says you wanted to talk to me."

"Hi, Anna. Uh, no, she just handed you the phone I guess."

Anna: "Rose, do you want to talk to Doug some more?"

(silence)

Anna: ""Rose? Do you want to talk to your son?"

"No."

"No?"

(silence)

Anna (to me): "So,…maybe you call tomorrow?"

"OK, Anna. Say good night to Mom for me."

"I will. Don't worry. Your mommy is fine."

"OK." 

"OK."

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh boy

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger J and J said...

:o(

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Aw man - that's a bit heartbreaking, but like you said, she's still here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home