The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day, Come and Gone

Valentine's Day and a very sour stomach. They don't go well together. But The Great Plotnik remembered that when ill, always call another hypochondriac. Lovely Fefnik, thankfully still part of our family, is someone you can always count on to have already had every disease you're worried about. She called Plottie back and her kindness and knowledge made him feel much better.

Ever tried to call your doctor at Kaiser? What in the world happened to Dr. Sawbones, the grand old man you went to and took your kids to and he knew their names (and yours too) and had an answer for everything? We didn't know Dr. Sawbones was a Cadillac. Kaiser is like riding a Greyhound to Honduras.

Piece of advice: Don't EVER take psyllium (metamucil) unless you've got a Russian novel in the cabinet.

Plotnik would love a steak. He's going to eat chicken broth, maybe, if he's lucky. He'd even go for beet kvass.

5 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm worried that you've been mentioning the sour stomach now for several weeks. What happened with the yearly physical?

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your present state: Please refer to concoction consummed on Feb. 10....That will be $50 bucks.
Signed Dr. Sawbones..aka seester
:-)

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Doug...I'm so sorry your tummy is still such a mess! No fun. No fun at all.
I'm very much enjoying your blog...so happy to have discovered it!
Take care and Happy Valentine's Day!
~Nicole

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh yes, I can identify here. Last time I had this tummy thing for more than 2 days (I have it often for an entire day) I did the rice and banana diet.
Yum. I found what I missed most was the coffee.
Best not to eat much of anything and rest the whole area. I never charge much for my medical advice. I too am worried...
Dr. Mush

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Pete's sake, just go to see Efrem or Harriet at Chinese Medicine Works, corner of 25th and Noe. No, it's not already paid for, as Kaiser is, but Efrem is as close to Dr. Sawbones as you're gonna get. Remember how he fixed Jack right up, in that same general area/arena of the body?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home