The Great Plotnik

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tales of the DVR

Tonight is the premiere of Maupin's "Tales of the City" at ACT, and anyone who has lived in Saint Plotniko for any length of time already knows this show inside and out. The Greats Plotnik and Ducknik have been looking forward to the new prodution since they announced they were turning the show, which was originally an ongoing column in the Morning Birdwrap and then a classic PBS production, into a musical.

This comes from the pre-opening publicity press release. It was written by Mary Birdsong, who plays Mona Ramsey in the new show:

"I nodded my head in absolute seriousness when the stage manager said, "Okay, actors, let's take it from 'Crotch,' and after lunch we'll pick it up from 'Go fuck yourself.'"

This is gonna be good.

(It better be, because Plotnik is DVR'ing Game One of the NBA Finals and also the Plotzers playing the Colowado Wookies at the same time.)

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous HankyGirl said...

I'm disconcerted at having seen a performance before you did—what's up with that? Anyway, I hope you enjoy T of the C as much as I did.

Ellyn and I each have a bit we think could have been dropped, so I'll be interested in seeing whether you suggest any cutș. And if, by chance, you agree with either of us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home