The Great Plotnik

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

No More X-Rays

Dr. U-Flossem was in fine form this morning. "Are you still flossing the same amount?" "Oh, yes, Doctor." (Translation: "When I remember.")

"Are you using the rubber-tipped dingus?" "No change there, Doctor." (Translation: Never.)

Then they got around to x-rays. Plotnik feels like a crash dummy in that office -- why do they need to take so many x-rays every year? Why not NOT take them unless Plotnik complains about some tooth problem?

When he mentioned that to Dr. Flossem, the doctor said "Let me tell you about my father. My father had colon cancer. He refused to have a colonoscopy, so they never found it until he already had cancer."

"I'm not worrying about cancer of the bicuspid."

"Yes. I only tell you this to say it's good to have more x-rays, just to be sure."

"Just to be sure of what? What are you looking for? Bone loss? People lose bone as they get older. I'm not going to let you fix anything until it hurts. So what's the point?"

"Have I told you about my father?"

Anyway, Plotnik gave in, this time, so Dr. Flossem could have a complete set. Now he's got it. Let him sell it on E-Bay. That's it for a few years. No más.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home