The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Bum and Bummer

Well, JJ-aka-PP snookered us all. She announced on Facebook that she was retiring from her job after 30 years. All her friends and family wrote and congratulated her, because we all know she works too hard and can't keep it up forever. Plottie got excited about being able to get JJ out to S.P. for a special event that might be coming up.

Then, when Ducknik phoned her, JJ-aka-PP announced it was all an April Fool's joke.

Jeez. Facebook is not a cute little message board between you and a few friends -- your messages go around the world in a heartbeat. People are still working out how to deal with the Social Monster, which does not know the difference between reality and jokery.


And anyway, look at her. We need to see more of all three of these people. One's writing a dissertation. One's having a baby. That leaves -- well, add it up.

So we got taken in. Bummer. And she's still working. Bummer.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous jj-aka-pp said...

Well, I'm honored to be the subject of your post and sorry you got caught up in my April Fools joke. (but really! You think I'd announce my retirement on FB before I tell my fam?!!)

The thing is, as busy as I am....I'm having a really good time with our students! (Today I taught 6 of 'em to use a sewing machine) Our production of "Proof" opens tomorrow (Friday)

I AM going to work towards bigger breaks and more frequent.
So....what's happening in S.P.? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home