The Great Plotnik

Monday, October 24, 2005

Take Stock Week ENDS!

Take Stock Week has ended a few days early, proving there is a God. Reflection is good, but enough already. Once every six decades ought to be enough.

The Great Plotnik tuned into an archived radio show this morning about Kwaito, the intoxicating South African urban music that has swept that country ever since it awakened from the nightmare of apartheid. The interviewer is standing amongst a huge outdoor concert crowd, where the posted hours are 6PM-6AM! He says: "Young people in South Africa party like there is no tomorrow, or rather, like there never was a yesterday."

Wake up, Plotnik! Life is Good! It's time to have fun. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is a guess. Celebrate now. Celebrate now.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear Plotnik,
While I applaud your willingness to admit you began a project that you no longer care to pursue and to drop said project -- I will miss reading the next three installments of your taking-stock series. Whatever they might have been, I'm sure I would have enjoyed them as much as I did the first four. Happy nearly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home