The Great Plotnik

Thursday, September 27, 2007

So She's Your Sister, Dude! Kiss Her! You're on TV!

Everybody took this one...



...but it appears only Plotnik took this one.



The Tommy Lasorda Linguini with Cha Cha Bowl Society had a great time Tuesday night at the Ballpark with Too Many Initials. The game itself was going great until the Ninth Inning, but even though the (temporarily) good guys lost, Plotnik felt renewed to realize he still despises Babby Bonds and his total disregard for his team. "Good riddance to Bad Babby," says Plottie and he didn't hear anyone disagreeing.



Blogmaid looked great and it is probably due to all the gushing love in her heart for the good fortune of various members of her family. The Great Mushnik ate that whole Polish Dog by herself as did Snowglobe Sal, even as they saw Notthat and Plotnik drooling shamelessly. As you can see in the next-to-above picture, some people approach a hot dog with a great deal of relish.

There was a marvellous heckler somewhere in back of the five. She was in her cups, which isn't easy to do on watered-down $7 beer, but -- trust me on this one. She would yell "Pete Happy! You're My Man!" as Pedro Feliz launched a promising fly ball to center, but as soon as the ball was caught she would yell: "You're an A__H___!"

There was one sickly looking attempt at getting a wave started, and it symbolized the entire Plotzer and Caribbeans season. Get excited at the start. Try to make other people excited too. Show a bit of promise early. Pick up speed! Then, as soon as it matters, poop out with all four tires punctured.

And how about that guy who refused to kiss his sister when they flashed their two faces on the JumboTron? I mean, how tacky is that? So she's your sister, Dude, you're on TV! Pucker up!

Hope to do it again next season, when it's for all the marbles. Hope there are marbles.

2 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot about the heckler and the kiss cam thing - good memory! I honestly thought I was going to go get one of those Polish things once the Cha Cha Bowl settled, but it never did.

The wave thing really bothered me - I hate them anyway and the timing was awful, during one of the few tense moments of the game. I'd much rather have beach balls. (I wonder how long one would last if you started one going. Ten seconds, tops?)

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Oh, yes ~ the woman behind us. I'm glad you remembered her. I wanted to share the Polish, but I was afraid it would cause gastric distress. I suffered for the team...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home