The Great Plotnik

Saturday, March 29, 2008

NO Meta Blogging Here, and All the Elements to a Great Mexican Song

The Great Plotnik enjoyed "The Government Inspector" at A.C.T. You can read the San Francisco Theater Blog review right here but Plotnik isn't saying anything else about it, because that would be meta-blogging.



Meanwhile, after the funeral yesterday, Plotnik and Ducknik did what everybody does after going to funerals. They hurried home, changed their clothes, went and got new passport photos taken, then went to Los Jarritos for an enormous Mexican lunch.



One of the great things about Los Jarritos is there are always guitar players in Mexican hats who stroll in off the street to play a few numbers and then pass the hat in hopes of tips.

The flag on the guy on the right's guitar seems to indicate that he, at least, was from Nicaragua, or that he bought his guitar from a guy who was from Nicaragua; nonetheless the song they sang had every single element germane to a Mexican song:

VERSE:
Here I am, Tears In My Eyes
I Miss the Love of My Life Who is Still Back in our Village
I am So Poor and She is so Rich
I Work So Hard because my Life is so Awful
Someday I Will Come Back, Bags Full of Gold.
She'll Still Be There, Or Else She'll Have Died.

CHORUS:
Godalmighty I am drunk!
Godalmighty I am drunk!
I am so drunk I am happy!
Although I am crying, I am happy!
I made some money this week but spent it on tequila!
Godalmighty I am drunk!
Woooo Hoooo!

The second verse usually has something to do with Jesus, or The Blessed Virgin, or both.

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Well, I was all excited about going to this restaurant until I heard that song. Maybe it too loses something in translation...

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for the hysterical lyrics. I could really go for that plate of food right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home