The Great Plotnik

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just Go Blog, Dad



Whatever this plant is, it has been getting bigger and bigger since the Spring when Plotnik found it growing in the asparagus patch. It's definitely not asparagus. If anyone recognizes it and can tell Plottie either its name (not "Plantie" or "Ed" please) or how much larger it's going to get, he would be grateful.

Early this morning Plot and Duck saw their avocado tree watering itself -- one of those Bay Area phenomena that make this microclimate so interesting. Large trees capture the huge nightly amounts of fog, hold the moisture in their leaves and then at some point let it all drop below. The sun was already up but the area under the avocado was soaked like after a cloudburst.

These lilies didn't mind a bit.




The Great Ducknik is on the phone with The Great PD, who is packing his and his wife's clothing for a trip to Chi-town this weekend, where a long time friend is getting married. 5H is still in Brooklyn, trying to find the family an apartment, so PD called Ducknik to ask how to pack 5H's party dresses the best way.

Plottie said: "When I pack my party dresses, I always ball them up and wad them in my tennis shoe."

"Thanks, Dad. Now just go blog, OK?" said PD.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Your family goes to more weddings than all the priests and rabbis in North America!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

How many party dresses can you fit in a tennis shoe?

And MA is right - what's up with all the weddings?

I've got a plant that I'm gently caring for that I have no idea what it is. Mrs Notthat says it's a weed and wants to pull it, but I think it could be extremely valuable. So far I have won, but we will see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home