The Great Plotnik

Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Magic

Closer, closer. The Great Plotnik and Davey The Blue are back working on the Perfect Pitch, now that enough time has passed since the Nashville Burnout Disaster. Kids keep showing up to help on this project, and they all know magic tricks. The new Kid Out of Town is a website/flash designer in North Carolina named Derek. You are looking at a cropped prototype of the website logo. The website is turning into something really fun to browse through, like The Umpire Meets Where's Waldo. Project is scheduled to be completed between the end of this year and the 22nd Century.



It's pretty easy to catch the drift here -- the earth is a baseball, whose seams are beginning to unravel. In the flash version, a hand tosses the ball and the ball itself continues to rotate as the Earth's continents remain in one place. Like Plottie told you, it's magic.

4 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

I really like this image and can't wait for this project to be visible to us mere mortals.

The thing that bothers me about that image though is that Florida and Mexico seem to have swapped places. I know I know, it's more magic...

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

This is the perfect logo ~ I really love it, but I'm not THAT great on geography, so I'll leave that to notthat. (a many thated thought today)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger DAK said...

Professor That, Florida and Mexico have swapped places. Florida is for Obama now. Mexico stil likes BIMM (Bush, I mean McCain).

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, what a great image! I'm determined to once and for all learn exactly what the project is when I see you in person. Live theater production? CD? DVD? Interactive video game?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home