The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Adagio in C by Plotnik



Not everybody has a battery powered toothbrush, and not everybody who has one also has a battery powered guitar tuner, and of those who have both, The Great Plotnik may be the only one who has checked the pitch of his toothbrush to discover it hums along at pure, perfect C.



Plotnik used to be one of those who brush rapidly, scherzo, but that was before he got his Sonicare. Now he takes his time: adagio. You can't stop until that fool bell goes off so there's no point in rushing through all the movements.

Many thanks to Cousin Ma Seattle for the wonderful phone call. Plotnik is always pleased to discover his limited flock still has its sense of humor. Regarding your request, there is one photo of Cousin Seattle and it's a pretty one, though she's on the side of the frame. We'll post it tomorrow when we can get at it.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

The Boy uses one of those and I've wondered a bit about its humming sound, but I bow to your ingenuity at thinking to actually check it out. I'd like to think they had lively and potentially violent meetings while deciding what note the brush should emit. I would bet money there was a proposal to allow users to choose the note.

(Wow! My verification text is "ringer"!)

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Cousin Seattle said...

Yay for pictures of me :)

I have some good ones of you that I will try and put up on facebook after the dread F-week has ended (next Friday night--FREEDOM!)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I've decided Plotnik needs to get a job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home