The Great Plotnik

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Great Wall of Hanky and Barack-etology


As promised, and many thanks to Hanky Girl for the photo: The Great Wall of Hanky. But this isn't the only clockatorium in her house -- ya oughta see the kitchen.

Did we mention the deceased feline?

Anyway, no complaining from now on about having to change my three pathetic clocks one pathetic hour ahead because of Daylight Savings Time.


Meanwhile, has everybody seen Barack-etology? President Obama handicaps every game in the NCAA basketball championships -- 32 then 16 then 8 then 4 then 2. His choice to win the whole thing is North Carolina over Kentucky. This is like choosing China over Japan in the Rice Bowl -- which is to say, not such a surprise. The Pres does not go in for long shots. Think about it.

Score a few votes in the Angry White Men demographic. That gives him maybe 25. But there's still the NBA finals and the World Series before November.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger danielkonecky said...

Kentucky all the way. I put my money on it.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

With respect to the clocks - HOLY COW! Does Hanky have issues being late for things?

With respect to the Baracketology - I love thinking of his picks as being politically expedient. He should have picked BYU (hey Mitt - do you even know there's a tournament going on, or do you just see it as a chance for employees to steal time from making corporations money). I'm happy with anyone but those two he picked - preferably someone from west of the Mississippi. The Jayhawks will do nicely.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous HankyGirl said...

Oddly enough (because I live with so many clocks, I suppose), that picture doesn't look like a lot of clocks to me. In fact, years ago, Plottie was the one who pointed out to me that I had a LOT of clocks. I didn't realize it until then.

@notthatlucas—I grew up in the Midwest, where, if you're not five minutes early, you're late, so I am a punctual person, but I wouldn't say I have an issue about it. My dad, though, had a story about rescuing a clock during WWII, and you might think that influenced me, but I didn't hear the tale until well after I had a LOT of clocks.

And, btw, Plottie, there are no dead felines in the house (don't make those Hoarders people come my way). There may be ashes, OK, but no actual dead felines.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

love all those clocks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home