The Great Plotnik

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Nice

That was a tight little rhythm section we put together this weekend. This was my view from the glassed-in booth where I sat with a vocal mike and my acoustic guitar. Jamie's on the left playing guitar, Scott is in the middle of a drum fill. And J.P. the bass player is waiting to play.

I learned a lot technically in these last two nights, and they are not necessarily lessons I wanted to learn. This meant starting from scratch on three songs that I had hoped we would be able to record more easily -- to simply finish my original demos. But work done in my house is just that -- a scratch pad for the real thing.

The end result is some fantastic rhythm tracks that will be easier for me to finish since I already have written all the parts. But of course the process slows down when you start again from scratch, so I had to make this decision: fewer songs done better, or more songs done not so well. I took the first option.

It's the best feeling in the world to play with a great rhythm section. It just is.


2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Ah man, but great stuff will result! And what is that guitar the guy on the left is playing? I have an old Sears Silvertone guitar (from maybe 1970) that looks a LOT like that, and I know that can't be what he's playing.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger bronwen said...

save the extra songs that dont make it onto your "fewer" cut for your Plotnik US Tour!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home