The Great Plotnik

Monday, June 02, 2014

Nowhere, and Certainly Not on Frontier

Wow, almost a week since a GP posting! Well, we got home from Providence, I fell immediately into fixing my computer, or, rather, restoring my computer to a sweeter time before I'd tried to update it, then when I got it back working better than ever I became so ecstatic to see it again that I've been holed up in here working on projects ever since.

Plus, we saw two plays, one beautifully written and acted, and one mediocre and overacted, had lunch with friends and dinner with other friends. So it's been fun since we got back.

The Great Plotnik finds himself planning new trips, though right now he'd prefer to sit on his computer chair in front of his functioning computer and drink his coffee and go absolutely nowhere.

Frontier Airlines: CHUCK FOO! They have the cheapest fare to Boulder, so you book it and at the very, very end, after you've entered all your information, they tell you they're going to charge you $20 and up for a carry-on! A carry-on! And a minimum of $1.99 for any beverage on the plane, including water.

Nahhh, Plottie don't play that. We're paying more on United and Frontier has joined American and Ryanair on our DO NOT FLY EVER list.

6 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

SF just feels complete when you guys are back here. And, yes, we also loved 36 Stories!

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Cousin Seattle said...

Austrian Air is on my list... American is on my "do not fly unless all other options are abysmal" list.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

(Warning, rant follows) I applaud Frontier for bucking the backward wisdom all the airlines use when they charge for checked luggage. All that carry-on crap slows things down for everyone. And half the time they gate check your stuff for free which really pisses off those who paid to check luggage. Frontier is a bold leader! Finally!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I do admit charging for water is over the line. :-)

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger DAK said...

Ah, dear K, but Frontier also charges $50 minimum for checked luggage. Then $20 for a carry-on and $1.99 for water. So, like, wuddafuh?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Woah, ok that's not right. I stand corrected. They're not bold--they're deceptive,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home