The Great Plotnik

Monday, June 15, 2015

Gabrielle and Barb



Four is a great age. We met Gabrielle almost half his life ago in Sicily, and now his parents and he have arrived to spend a few days with us at World Headquarters. His dad, Lorenzo, is a licensed pizzaiolo and he gave me a serious lesson on Sunday. We'll taste the results tomorrow - you have to wait 48 hours, it has to do with the yeast being totally consumed by the time the pizza is baked, so it doesn't continue its life in your stomach, causing the all-too-familiar pizza burn.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Wait - when I eat normal pizza I'm actually eating living things that are determined to make my life miserable? And that if I left the pizza on the counter for two days they would give up and die off? I can't wait to hear how your pizza turns out. You are a much stronger man than me to be able to wait 48 hours for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home