The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Birthday Poem From The Dog


Mischief the Poet
Originally uploaded by thegreatplotnik.
One night after the San Francisco segment of The Great Plotnik's Moveable Birthday Feast, Plotnik flew to Stiletto City to see Mummy Plotnik. She's dinner-for-one these days, so she ends up making eggs or heating up soup. Plotnik decided to surprise her by cooking her a great steak.

But the steak was for Friday Night. Thursday came first, and on Thursday night Team Plotnik assembled at Angeli Caffe on Trendyrose Avenue. Thursday night is Family Night at Angeli Caffe, when Chef Evan Kleiman picks a theme and serves everyone in her bistro the same meal. Course after course, guests share long tables and conversations, and meet new food and new people. It's far more civilized than the usual Stiletto City Takeout Taco with a side of Road Rage.

It was Mexican Family Night. The guacamole was fabulous, especially shmeared on top of the mushroom quesadillas and covered with salsa. The cheese enchiladas were thin and dark, with a fantastic, almost burnt pasilla chili glaze, and they did quite well under the guacamole too. The ribs in green chile were really good, and...excuse me, Chef's Mother sitting over in the corner, but could we please have some more quesadillas and enchiladas? And more mojitos! Mojitos for our new friends!

Fefnik was sick, but Nefnik came. He brought 7-year old Vashnik. The restaurant brought pizza dough to the table and let Vashnik play with it and form it into any design he liked, then they put it in the pizza oven and baked it for him, and brought it back to the table to eat. Why is a restaurant's delightfulness with a child so rare that it bears Plotnikizing about?

Finally: Birthday Cake with one candle. Wonderful smiles and birthday cards. Mummy Plotnik and Shmeckl Plotnik, The Great Little Bearnik, Nefnik, Vashnik, The Great PunkyDunky and The Great FiveHead were all there, but Plotnik's favorite card came from his very favorite Grand Dog Mischief. The pooch wrote this poem, and signed it with a pawprint:

A Birthday Poem From the Dog:

You feed me when I'm hungry
You keep water in my dish
You let me sleep on anything
Or anyplace I wish

You sometimes let me lick your hands
Or even lick your face
Despite the fact I've licked myself
In every private place

You tauight me how to come when called
You taught me how to sit
You always let me go outside
So I can take a (stroll)

I've been with you through oh, so much
Through laughter and through tears
I hope you live to be a hundred
(Open Card)
That's 700 in Doggy Years!

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, a great night UF... er, uh, I mean Mr. Plotnick. Or can I just call you Great. ---neffagnick

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a delightful time
and I also loved the
pooch poem
mush

 

Post a Comment

<< Home