The Great Plotnik

Thursday, December 07, 2006

National Phlegm Centers


The Great Ducknik is in Stiletto City snuggling Baby I while The Great Plotnik is back in Saint Plotniko, getting over a cold. Thank you to everyone who made suggestions. Airborne (in Walgreen's it's WalBorn Gold) does work, at least to make you feel better fairly quickly. That's why you take it every three hours. The Great FiveHead's Tea Tree Oil remedy works to relieve that awful head-clogged congestion -- you run hot water in the sink, put five or six drops of Tea Tree Oil into the water, cover your head with a towel and get down there and breathe the oil-infused hot water into your sinuses. It's a beauty. Hanky G., the Zicam only works if you catch your cold before it starts, and how the hell do you do that?

Phleghm, as in getting rid of it. Wikipedia suggests lying on your bed like that stick dude above, and having somebody pound your back for five minutes twice a day.

The Great Plotnik thinks there ought to be National Phlegm Centers where people with colds go to hang out for the four or five days it takes to get rid of a cold. They're not going to do any good until they feel better, so why not just get rid of 'em for awhile? TGP volunteers to be on the first bus.

3 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plottie said: "Hanky G., the Zicam only works if you catch your cold before it starts, and how the hell do you do that?"

Oh come on, Mr. TGP, don't you know when a cold is coming? It's the scratchiness at the back of your throat or the uh-oh, I sneezed three times in the last five minutes.

Everything I read about Airborne tells me to take it before I'm even exposed to people with colds or flu -- which is what, from September to March? That's a clever sales pitch: "take this before you're sick or have any symptoms, and then if you don't get sick, you'll know it worked." Uh huh.

Call me quirky, but I like to wait until I'm sick before I invest in a cure.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

I had to laugh in an unwomanlike manner when I saw that great sketch and the idea of the National Phlegm Centers! You are better, I can tell.
mush

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you make that sketch? It is a thing of beauty. (I tried to get the fruit company to let me use stick figures in my manuals, and they nearly fired me.)

I have no idea how to help a cold - but throwing money at pharmaceutical companies seems to at least make you feel like you are trying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home