The Great Plotnik

Friday, March 01, 2013

AVOCADO IRONY!

That's what it is, irony. Or perhaps sarcasm. I've never been sure which is which.

But here's the deal: THERE ARE NO AVOCADOS ON MY TREE! NONE! NEVER HAVE BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE!

I was being - I think - IRONIC. Like, ho ho ho, yes indeed, this year we have 10,000 avocados, AND, see, to show the irony, I can also play basketball just like I could when I was 'way younger. See?
Ho ho.

!http://thegreatplotnik.blogspot.com/2013/02/plotini-with-red-sausola-and-river-of.html


No, I can't dribble around a dead man. And there are NO AVOCADOS. I WISH I had avocados. I'd LOVE to have avocados. And I'm playing basketball tomorrow morning and I will WISH I weren't practically nailed to the floor. But I am. And I don't.

Is that irony? Sarcasm? Or pure curmudgeon?

4 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What it is, is very funny. Really! Thank you.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Linda Davick said...

I wondered where that bushel of avocados was at Jane's Thursday night. I looked everywhere for it.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Wait - does this mean no guacamole? Or is this a ploy to keep them all to yourself?

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous HankyGirl said...

Whew. I was all worn out planning a midnight raid on your avocado tree. Now I can just stare at mineā€”also producing no avos. (However, TJ's has some amazingly good avocados right now, which helps ease the pain just a little.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home