The Great Plotnik

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I Voted



Yes, I did. I'm not really sure if I voted for Campos, or Chiu, and I hate to admit that the whole process seems so pointless as to be embarrassing.

I know this would not be so if I had grown up in a country where people's votes didn't count at all. This isn't Syria. Our votes do matter - at least, they used to.

Now, I don't think the people who are running the country ever stand for election. I don't think our representatives represent us. Here in our city, the only vote that matters very much this election is to limit developers from disregarding height limits on building on the Embarcadero. 

I mean, that's it. Height limits. We are not talking about homelessness, our failing education system, even getting potholes fixed. We're not close to utilizing our vast reserves of tech money to do something major with our city. We could do it. 

Nope. Campos versus Chiu. I mean, who the f*** cares? I think they've got us where they want us.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous HankyGirl said...

I voted, too. I always vote, no matter how pointless it seems. One of my earliest memories is going with my mom on a frosty St. Louis morning to the polls where she was voting. She always made me go along—not sure whether she was trying to instill the habit of voting or just didn't want to leave me home alone, but I cannot let an election day go by without trudging to the polls to cast my ballot for whatever. Thanks, Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home