The Great Plotnik

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Ugly But Doesn't Hurt

So far, Plotnik has been lucky -- the side of his head doesn't hurt very much. So they couldn't have gone in very deep, though the wound (see yesterday's post) certainly looks like it.

Last night Plottie watched the first quarter of the Stanley Cup finals, probably the most hockey he's ever paid any attention to at one time. It was suprisingly exciting, high speed and pleasurably vicious, with cool basketball-style stuff like breakaways and no visible crybaby boo hoo hoo like soccer.

But one quarter was plenty. You really do have to care about one or the other of the teams to watch much longer. Brother Two Names loves the Kings so I'm for the Kings, but old buddy Jon loved the Rangers so I'm also for the Rangers.


2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

I watched the last minute of regulation and that was pretty awesome. I really think I could become a big hockey fan - I have huge respect for the players and their talent/toughness - but I didn't grow up with it, so there is nothing deep inside me that cares much. (I did grow up with basketball though, but care about it only slightly more than hockey, at least at the pro level.)

I love that the Kings were down 0-3 to the Sharks and came back to win four straight. And now they are in the finals, with a manager and coach that were fired by the Sharks a few years ago. My West Coast Bias has me pulling for the Kings and trying hard to overlook the LA part.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Brother Two Names said...

Its a period, not a quarter :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home