The Great Plotnik

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Lesson from the Herb Box



After yesterday's political bile-laced diatribe, the Great Plotnik got a good night's sleep. So today we talk about flowers in the garden. Like that yellow alstroalmeria. And this Stella de Oro daylily.



It isn't worth getting so worked up about candidates trying to win an election. You have to assume they are saying to themselves: "I know I shouldn't do this, but if I don't, I'll lose. If I lose, I can't help my country. So first, I'll do whatever I have to in order to win. After that, I'll work hard for the things I love."

This year's election is like Plotnik's Herb Box.



Barack's the chives. He grew well in the center of the box, but now he's had his tops cut off. McCain's the flowering thyme. He thinks he's hot stuff but in a few weeks he'll be back to dried up stems. Hillary's the parsley. Her seeds are everywhere in the box. You think she's dead and she sprouts back up. It's hard to defeat that kind of determination when your head has been chopped off and your flowers are withering.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, back to the garden. Maybe to the kitchen tomorrow? Stay o.o. Washington DC or our own City Hall, for that matter. See you tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home