The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Twitter to Titter to Breather

The blogosphere is becoming less populous. People who took a little time to think about their world and compose a blog entry now toss off a few sentences on Facebook, or a word or two on Twitter. It's faster, easier, less involved. And you don't leave much of a trail.

Twitter will soon morph into Titter, where you hit an emoticon to let people know you just chuckled about something. When that becomes too much they'll develop Breather, where you have a calendar engine notify everyone in your address book that you're still breathing, twice an hour.

The trend is to exposing less of yourself to greater amounts of people.

Those big boxes with wings? They'll never fly. Humph. Humbug.

5 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Mistress Dominik said...

A truer post was never written. Sheesh. I signed up for Twitter but have posted exactly three times in . . . um, maybe three months? Two months? If my past is any indication, I supposed that my disdain for it may eventually turn into worship, bizarrely enough. This annoys me but . . . what can I do? Allow myself to sink into old fogey oblivion?

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Look, I'd like to leave a nice, well thought out comment (yeah, I know it'd be the first), but your post reminded me that I forgot to tweet about my trip to the bathroom. And then I've got a few of those "What Disney character are you?" sort of things to do on Facebook.

Blogging? That's so 2008.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

You should watch this - I liked the song but didn't really understand what MySpace was at the time. Now with my Facebook I can totally understand it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avxpn_MsPYs

Her website is http://sweetafton23.com/ - she's really very good.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger DAK said...

I watched the video, NotThat, thanks. I'm off to drown myself now. Blorp.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous cousin mrs. two said...

I could send you links to all the mommy blogs I read. It seems surprising but most moms update every day. I know you're dying to read about more about people's experiences trying to use the restroom with a newborn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home