The Great Plotnik

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Jumping for Joy


The Usual Suspect asked the other night: "Why do you need to go to Sicily? What's there that you can't get here?" I should have produced this photo (taken from Boots N'All this morning). Of course, this is Easter Island, not Sicily, but the feeling is the same, isn't it?

You can't explain it. You've got the fever or you don't. It's like trying to tell a non-sports fan about being at Game Four the night before last. Something that shouldn't matter (a baseball game) does matter (because it's YOUR team.) It matters a lot.

So many things to take care of before the upcoming marathon flights, but we'll get 'em done. Or we won't. (Just don't forget the IPAD and charging cable.)  Either way, the plane will take off and hopefully we will be aboard.

I THINK I have purchased the International Package on MLB.com which would allow me to watch any Championship Series and/or World Series games on my IPAD in the middle of the night somewhere in Venice, Bologna, or Sicily, provided there is internet access. I may end up just having to read about it on line the next day, but I hope not. I may be requesting text updates from some of you. Hopefully that will not be necessary.

But if it is not necessary, hopefully that will not be because the Plotzers have plotzed out. Connectivity issues we can deal with.

I want to meet this Jumping Girl. She gets it.



4 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Brother Two Names said...

I guess this means you don't need tickets to the round that cannot be mentioned yet :)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger notthatlucas said...

Surely American Baseball Playoffs are considered very important over there and the sports bars will be open and showing all the games. (Ha ha ha - yeah, sure.)

I love that you used a picture of Easter Island to sell us on why going to Sicily is worth doing. I think to justify this, Duck has to get a picture of you in this pose in front of some random statue. (You can wear more clothes though - we won't mind.)

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous jj-aka-pp said...

Remember! You found a plotzers game in Peru on our hotel toom TV.....the force is strong with you.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger DAK said...

Jen, you are right. I remember that night in that room. That's funny. If I am not missing my guess, the second after the last baseball game, Atlanta fans were already talking about football. Right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home