The Great Plotnik

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pride

I understand we are luckier than most, that it is a blessing to still have a mom and be able to have a conversation with her. But sometimes it's painful, especially when she seems to be trying so desperately to hang onto a little independence, a touch of pride. But things need to get done, personal things, duties that the ladies who take care of her must do to maintain her health. I hear her saying 'leave me alone!' But they can't leave her alone, any more than you can leave a child who is about to burn himself on a hot oven. With a child, he'll learn. But with a 100 year old woman, any slip up can be a disaster. 

"Leave me alone!" 

"No, Rose."

Patience. That's what it takes. We are blessed to have a team of beautiful women taking care of her. I kńow that, but it hurts me anyway. 

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. The trick is to do those things and let dignity and independence be the key.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home