The Great Plotnik

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Plotnik Collects From His Coupon Book



When The Great BZWZ was maybe -- how old would you think, seven? Eight? -- she presented the Great Plotnik with a Coupon Book, perhaps for his birthday.

In the Coupon Book were several tasks she said she would do on demand, such as this one:



You will note that in the lower right hand corner there were boxes that delineated how many times each coupon could be activated. In the case of "Shutting Up" there was only one box. (And it remains usused.)

However, on "I Will Make Dinner" there were three boxes available, and Sunday night Plotnik cashed one in.





It was wise to have waited. The Great BZWZ is a great cook and better than she was at seven or eight. We had roast chicken stuffed under the skin, French lentil salad, baked sweet potatoes and onions and sauteed broccoli rabe, plus a bottle of Il Gioiello's 100% Viognier white wine, just brought back from Amador County.








All you kiddos out there looking for that special present for Mom or Dad, remember that Plottie has saved this coupon book for decades. If they're smart they'll wait until you've been living on your own for several years before they cash it in. Except for the I Will Shut Up part.

5 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Hahahaha, I love the coupon book and that dinner looks fabulous!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous jj-aka-pp said...

YUM! See! it pays to be a pack-rat! :-)
You both look great and so does the table!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger J and J said...

Must look in my cupboards and drawers. I would also like to find a "will clean my room" as well.
By the way, Deb and I made Chocolate chip rugelach the other day. I think you would approve!
Hugs Dougy!

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. I put my cupon book in a safe spot and can't remember where I put it. But the one I loved was we will not fight for a day. Cindy

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What a treasure and what a great kid. As you know, I adore your family and wish to be made an honorary Plotnik.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home